One among the 11,000


I was introduced to the game by watching the advertisements in between the game. I was not much addicted to the game until there was an IPL during my class eight. I did not even know what it was. I pulled out a notebook to note down the teams of the IPL. I started from my place-
Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Daredevils
Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab
Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore
Kolkata Knight Riders and Deccan Chargers.
Got addicted to the sport and noted the bidding. A day came, when CSK would fight MI. Though lectured on sensitive issues of my state, I sit in front for the game. Loved it with a gang of friends. Shouting for a six and a four and screaming for a wicket. Praying for the third Umpire. Everything went well. The blue and the yellow went into a duel. One attacking and the other defending. This was the course. Considering those sensitive issues, all I had in mind was, "Play well Bros. Sorry for us not  watching the match. We will take care of all the issues in the state by struggling for your better living too. You take care of our prestige too by playing well."
When these two teams were playing, I was reminded of the two Presidencies, which our history sister taught us. Those two Presidencies under the British. The Bombay Presidency and the Madras Presidency, which gave shelter to the British to do trade, had their people playing and watching. Still I found out that the people of these Presidencies had opportunities to do business deals with fours and sixes. It stroke to me that that was the maiden attempt the British took to enter India. Match fixing and other things has reduced the spirit of the sports. The offers that come to the spectators to play and predict is similar to the pact signed by the King for the establishment of the Company. The players are not to be blamed. They do their duties properly. When people starve to feed the country and some strive to protect the country from others, these people, likewise play hard to hold the honour of the country with others. At last, I realized that this sport and watching the game is not an issue but the game of prediction is not essential.

Comments

  1. Nice description about d game as well d life

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way u completed your blog is quite awesome and well said about the view .
    "Sport and watching the game is not an issue but the game of prediction is not essential"

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is sad that see that money is becoming everything in sports...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money makes many things and not all those things are essential.The last line was thoughtful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts